Why have an unplugged wedding?
An unplugged wedding is where you ask your guests to turn off their phones, cameras, tablets, and other mobile devices during your ceremony.
What are the benefits?
There are many benefits to having an unplugged wedding:
- When guests use their own cameras, there are many ways that this affects the photography that you’re actually paying for. Guests often times are taking photos at the same time as the photographer and their flashes may interfere with the professional’s, leaving you blown out completely (and unsalvageable) or having weird shadows or lighting throughout the photos.
- Guest cameras can leave a red or green dot from their focusing mechanisms. These will show up in your pro’s images.
- If guests don’t turn off the noise on their cameras, they could be very loud when taking the photos. This can be very distracting to you and your guests.
- Speaking of distracting – let’s talk about iPads and other tablets used to take photos. They are HUGE and are very distracting. If your photographer is taking a wide photo of your ceremony, your eyes go straight to the tablet and completely ignore the beautiful couple exchanging vows.
- Guests will often get in the aisle or stand in front of the professional photographers, blocking their shot. Sometimes, it’s too late for them to be able to get the guest to move, and they may even become upset. That’s not a good vibe on your wedding day.
- During family formals, guests will often stand around photographers to get shots of their own, which can create harsh lighting if they use their flash. Even if they don’t use their flash, it causes the group to constantly be looking around, leaving wandering eyes. It’s hard for the photographer to get a good photo with everyone looking at the camera when there are multiple people taking photos around you.
- Most importantly, if your guests are taking photos, they are not fully able to enjoy the moment. They are absent and distracted by their picture taking and posting.
We highly recommend having your wedding unplugged, but respect your wishes if you choose not to. If you have any questions concerning this or how to unplug your wedding, feel free to contact us and we can chat viagra für frauen online!